Interested in Membership at Bethel Church?
At Bethel, church membership is all about becoming a committed member of the church family. It is our members who really make Bethel work. It is not the same thing as making a commitment to Christ. It is a subsequent decision we make, in light of our relationship with Christ, to commit to the vision and values of the local Church.
What is Church Membership?
- An individual’s public commitment to a local church
- A requirement of the BC Societies Act
- A commitment that people make to be part of the life and function of a local body of believers
- A means by which the church can be governed
- A structure of support and accountability
- The means through which leadership is provided
The Benefits of Membership
- A sense of belonging and inclusion
- An opportunity to be involved in the decision making process
- An opportunity to be involved in certain levels of leadership
- An opportunity to provide input into the direction and vision of the church
- Provides a spiritual covering for gifts and callings
- Makes it possible for correction and discipline to occur in a safe and restorative manner
How Do I Become a Member?
- Attend Sunday services regularly for at least three months
- Attend the Discover Bethel Class
- Demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Obtain and complete a Membership Packet from the church office which contains a copy of our Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths, a copy of our Church Constitution, and an Application card
- Meet with a Pastor to discuss any final questions you have about membership
- Apply for approval from the church board
My Responsibilities as a Member
- Regular attendance to Sunday services
- Agreement with our statement of faith
- Supporting the vision and direction of Bethel and its leadership
- Faithful financial support
- Help protect Church unity
Transferring Church Membership
Those who have moved from another Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada church may have their membership transferred to Bethel by requesting a letter of transfer from their previous church and submitting it to the Bethel board. In such a case you are still required to attend the Discover Bethel Class.